Born in Davyhulme, near Manchester in 1949, Arthur Bryne was educated at Manchester College of Art and Design, and Sheffield Polytechnic.
In addition to the creative work as an artist, Arthur is respected in the U.K. and abroad for his work as a printer. He was a founder member of Charlotte Press (Fine Art Printmaking).
Arthur has been producing lithographs for London Contemporary Art of seven years, gaining admiration for his carefully drawn and beautifully printed illustrations of parks, gardens, and conservatories.
- Calouste Gulbenkian Studio, People's Theatre, Newcastle - 1975
- Wallsend Arts Centre - 1976
- Victoria Art Gallery, Harrogate - 1976
- Pede Gallery, Jarrow - 1977
- Wallsend Art Centre - 1977
- Biddick Farm Arts Centre - 1979
From 1980 to present, Arthur's work has been exhibited at international art fairs, exhibitions, and shows. His work is represented in numerous private and corporate collections throughout the world.
- Northwestern Young Contemporaries, Whitworth Gallery, Manchester - 1972
- Mappin Art Gallery, Sheffield - 1972
- Graves Art Gallery, Sheffield - 1972
- DLI Museum, Durham - 1975
- Central Library, Newcastle-upon-Tyne - 1977
- Serpentine Gallery, London - 1977
- Bondgate Gallery, Alnwick - 1978
- DLI Museum, Durham - 1978
- Central Library, Newcastle-upon-Tyne - 1978
- Newcastle Polytechnic Gallery - 1978
- Mall Gallery Prunt Open, London - 1978
- Fylde National Print Exhibition, Grundy Gallery, Blackpool - 1979
- Serpentine Gallery, London - 1980
- Joint Exhibition, Cambridge - 1987