"Through my eyes and onto the canvas, abstraction captures the spirit of the composition, and realism brings to life the soul and flesh of the subject."
"We create our environment, then our environment creates us. I hope my paintings will contribute to the joy, discovery, and appreciation of our surroundings."
"Life is a process, not a series of events. This is practiced in my paintings by the joyful strokes of color progressing toward the subject, moving and changing, even in the cat of our perception."
"Accurate detail is acknowledged, appreciated, and blurred to enhance the radiance of moving life."
"In my youth I painted with a safe and realistic technique, but as I matured I found myself feeling constricted by the conformity. My life evolved from needing a precise structure, to desiring my own personal expression. I discovered a certain freedom in the abstract (composing) versus reality (representation). Abstraction sets reality to music by orchestrating colors on canvas like a musician arranges notes for a symphony. I hope to compose a harmonious blend, pleasing to the eye, but also exciting and stimulating to the soul."
Experience and Accomplishments:
- Owned and operated an art school, gallery, frame shop. and art supply business for 25 years.
- Worked at Stevens Gross Studios in Chicago and Illustrators Group in New York painting commercial art for 4 years.
- Created artwork for training films in the U.X. Army for 2 years.
- Designed and printed silk screen posters in Chicago for 1 year.
- Sold in excess of 6,000 paintings in over 40 years.
- Produced and sold 2 limited and 5 unlimited edition prints.
- Art Show Awards:
- Jackson, Michigan
- St. Augstine, Florida
- Stockton, Missouri
- Chicago, Illionois
- Detroit, Michigan
- Chosen to paint history murals of atomic energy for Consumers Power Company
- Commissioned by McDonald's Corporation to paint 16 murals
- Produced murals and drawing for Hotel Hayes
- Painted scenes of Michigan for Citibank and Dahlen Corporation
- Commissioned by Vincent Price to participate in national art show
- Chicago Art Institute
- American Academy of Art in Chicago
- School of Design and Illustration in New York City
- Famous Artist School & Scottsdale Fine Art School in Arizona
- Studied art with George Carlson, William Reese, Bettina Steinke, Len Chimel, Bill Moseby, and Burne Hogarth
- Vincent Prince
- Red Skelton
- Supreme Court Judge Mary Coleman
- Consumers Power Company
- Val Vista Lakes
- Guide Post Magazine
- Scottsdale Insurance Company
- Sun Lakes
- Meredith McRae
- Senator John McCain
- Earnhardt Auto
- Aeroquip Corporation
- Communication with people and places
- Overseas travel