Reeves, Rick "Egmont Key" Tampa Bay Island Signed and Numbered Limited Edition 21.5''x17.5''
This is the famous historical island just across Tampa Bay's ship channel from Fort Desoto State Park. Egmont Key is where a Light House was first built in 1848 and was built to withstand any storm. Around the U.S. Civil War era, it was used to protect the Channel; thirty-five U.S. sailors from the R.R. Cuylerfortified erected small gun battery with three eighteen pound cannons close to the lighthouse.
Egmont Key was named and registered as a National Wildlife Refuge in 1974 and added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Tampa Bay Island Island that forms the ship channel